Buying tack for horses is one of the joys of horse ownership! Im not a big fan of shopping for myself, but I love shopping for my horses. Especially when it’s time for a new bridle. There are so many options depending on your discipline and preferences. Here are a few of my favorites.
If you are looking for Western tack, you have a lot of choices:
- For those that need show tack for the show ring, the Tough-1 Silver Ferrule Show Set is affordable and attractive.
- Horses that prefer going in a hackamore will look dapper in the King Series Browband Bridle With Hackamore. This bridle comes complete with reins, curb chain, and hackamore.
- Looking for a great bridle for trail riding or training? The Tory Leather Halter/Bridle Combination Trail Bridle is a great choice. This made in the USA combination halter/bridle features fine English bridle leather and solid brass hardware. The solid brass hardware does not rust so the bridle always looks nice. Use this halter/bridle combination to make a quick change from a working bridle to a halter to tie the horse. Snaps make it easy to change bits for training purposes.
For Western rider looking for a little FLAIR AND FUN there are loads of Western Bridles to choose from:
- The number one selling Tough-1 Braided Cord Browband Headstall With Crystal Accents comes in a variety of colors to match your style. They are so affordable you could have several different colors to match the saddle pad you are using on any given day.
- The Silver Royal Desert Hope Cross White Hair Overlay Headstall With Reins features white hair-on accented with silver and turquoise dots. Cross conchos and engraved buckles compliment the set. This is a fun choice when you want a little different look for your tack.
- Keep it interesting with a little floral flare from Weaver Leather. The Weaver Carved Flower Sliding Ear Headstall is made of dark oiled leather with a carved floral design highlighted with turquoise stain.
Some horses perform better in bitless bridles, so here are two great options:
- The Rambo Micklem Multibridle is my top pick as it is extremely versatile. It can be used as a bridle, lunge Cavesson or as a bitless bridle. It comes with tongue protection clips, bit straps and curb groove strap and rubber reins.
- Another more affordable option is the Horze Denver Bitless Bridle. This bitless bridle is made from soft leather. Padding at noseband, neck and browband keeps your horse comfortable, and a double closure at the nose makes sure the bridle stays in place. Stainless steel buckles allow adjustment for a perfect fit. Matching web reins are included.
Top selling bridles for Dressage riders, Jumpers and Hunters:
- Dressage riders, you can’t beat the quality or affordability of the best selling Da Vinci Plain Raised Padded Dressage Bridle. It is made of exclusive European leather and is a steal at $59.99.
- The Gatsby Fancy Stitched Bridle is a great value for your money. Hunter riders will appreciate the craftsmanship and the price of this top selling Hunter bridle.
- The Collegiate Mono Crown Fancy Stitched Raised Figure 8 Bridle not only looks great but keeps your horses ultimate comfort in mind. Jumper riders can show or school in this bridle that features a padded, recessed comfort crown. Rubber reins are included with this bridle.